We're Distracted to Death. Now What?
If we’re being honest with ourselves, many of us look at our culture today, and we are overwhelmed by what we see. As a people, we’re more distracted than ever before and confused about how anything will change. This distraction leaves us feeling the chaos and fog of our current cultural moment.
Does the Christian faith have anything to offer that would bring guidance to our situation? When it comes to the deep issues our friends, neighbors, children and society are wrestling with, there is a way forward, but it will require a reset on our perspective.
In this talk, Gabe Lyons, founder and president of Q Ideas, argues that Christianity does indeed have something to offer today; in fact, he makes the case that the Christian faith speaks to the deepest and most intimate questions our culture is wrestling with.
This talk—which Gabe originally delivered in his local church—will educate, equip and inspire you to live faithfully in our distracted age.
In this talk, you will learn to:
• See how distraction is creating chaos in how we think and live.
• Better understand how—and why—we got here and who predicted it.
• Respond to the three biggest questions the younger generation is asking.
• Recognize how to know truth from error, meaning from desire.
• Credibly discuss complex topics such as LGBT, life and suicide, the future of the Church and more from a Christian perspective.
• Have a positive outlook for the future of faith in American culture.
Want to Learn More?
Consider joining us for Q 2020, coming to Nashville, TN this April 22-24.
Over three transformative days:
• You’ll learn from a curated selection of 30 crucial talks on the most important ideas for Christian leaders to engage in the year ahead—including topics such as censorship, the Trump dilemma, gender, suicide, the next generation and more.
• You’ll further your thinking through expert interaction and constructive debate.
• You’ll connect with like-minded leaders from every channel of culture and feel less isolated in your own role.
• You’ll enjoy experiences designed to introduce you to new friends and spark your creativity.
• Together, we will build for a future to meet the demand for leadership in our churches, industries and communities.
About Q Ideas:
Q is a nonprofit media and events company based in Franklin, TN that serves leaders through education and mobilization to live informed, thoughtful lives that advance the Christian faith in tangible ways to benefit their communities and future generations. Our long-term goal is to see the Christian faith become increasingly attractive, credible and influential in the church, our communities and the next generation so that our neighbors may know God and flourish as humans.
About Gabe Lyons:
Gabe Lyons founded Q in 2007, a media and events platform that educates and mobilizes Christians to advance the common good in society. Gabe is the co-author of Good Faith: Being a Christian When Society Thinks You’re Irrelevant and Extreme (2016) and unChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks About Christianity… And Why It Matters (2007). Gabe has also authored The Next Christians: The Good News About the End of Christian America (2010). Prior to launching Q, Gabe served on the team that co-founded Catalyst while serving as Vice President for leadership expert, John Maxwell’s corporation. Described as “sophisticated and orthodox” by The New York Times, Gabe’s work represents the perspectives of a new generation of Christians and has been featured by CNN, The New York Times, Fox News and USA Today. He and his wife have four children and live in Franklin, TN.