The Q Fellows Program is a 9-12 month long leadership training program for college students or recent graduates who have a strong desire to engage our cultural moment and grow in a work experience.
What is Q?
Q equips Christians to engage our cultural moment through live events and online learning.
You’ll thrive as a Q Fellow if…
- You believe in and support the Q mission and desire to actively engage our cultural moment.
- You enjoy collaborating and dreaming with a team.
- You work best in a shared, public and high energy work space.
- You have an all-hands-on-deck mentality and are willing to step in and meet needs wherever they arise.
- You’re passionate about creatively and thoughtfully communicating content and connecting leaders to advance good in the world.
- You’re ready to be challenged to grow in the ways you think, act and communicate.
What makes this internship different?
Q is a place where we celebrate curiosity, thinking well and advancing good. This hands-on fellows program gives you the chance to be exposed to a diverse array of content and individuals as well as organizations that are committed to changing the world in ways that are winsome and constructive. As a Q Fellow, you will be exposed to thought leaders who are experts, authors and innovative and respected practitioners creating a better world. The Q team is an intentionally small, yet highly collaborative team that you will have the opportunity to interact with and join through multiple avenues. You will have access to high-level discussions of vision as well as be given the unique responsibilities in owning the creation and implementation of specific projects.
What will you walk away with?
We’ve designed the Q Fellows program with your future in mind. When you are finished with your time at Q, in addition to growing in knowledge, work experience, key networks, and moving the organization forward in tangible ways, you will be mentored and challenged to expand your capacity to look at culture from different angles. Our hope is that you will leave with a fresh desire for engaging our cultural moment.
- 9-12 month commitment to Q beginning August 19
- Minimum of 20 hours a week spent at the Q Office in Franklin, TN
- Commitment to work full days at Q Commons (Oct 21-24) and Q Conference (April 20-24)
- Commitment to participate in the fall 2019 Vision and Call Retreat (October TBD)
- Provide own transportation, housing and laptop computer
- College senior or recent graduate preferred
- Intentional personal and professional development through regular meetings with Q Founder, Gabe Lyons, Q Fellow Manager, the Q Team and outside key leaders and influencers.
- Participation in both Q Commons and Q Conference
- Additional outside learning opportunities/workshops
- Monthly financial stipend
We are currently seeking the following positions:
Event Logistics: This person provides logistical and administrative support for the annual Q Conference and Q Commons events. They will work to ensure that all details for the events are taken care of and have a role in crafting the conversations around what happens on stage. They play a key part in marketing, outreach and communication strategy for current and prospective customers, groups and partner organizations.
Marketing & Communications: Marketing and Communications fellows know the ins and outs of social media, email campaigns and creative story-telling. They will help cast a vision of how Q communicates with its audience using the brand and voice of the organization. We look for someone who can be task-oriented and organized in helping us set up consistent systems and strategies allowing us to best communicate with our existing audience and connect with new leaders.
Operations & Administration: Q operates efficiently due to a great deal of attention to detail and support. This person understands and has a desire to see the Q team and organization operate at its peak capacity. The model of Q allows flexibility for many special projects that our operations team has the opportunity to execute on as they arise.
Content Curation & Editing: This person has a knack for copywriting. They will help us to put together projects like Q Weekly, Q Podcast and other content-driven resources. They are key to Q putting forth great information and they help make sure that we are consistent in our language and communication.
Design / Videography / Photography: Q is a highly visual organization that uses both video and imagery to move our vision forward publicly and strengthen our communication internally. Our content, resources and communication are limited only by the creatives and bandwidth we have on our team, which means there is endless opportunity for the right creatives to contribute to Q and move the vision forward in imaginative ways.
Partnerships & Development: Q partners with many organizations and individuals to ensure we are getting word out about incredible causes and stories. The role of this fellow is to support the organization in stewarding and growing these relationships well while finding new opportunities to develop. This person works to ensure that not only are we telling great stories, but that we are able to maintain relationships with those who help make the Q community thrive.